Friday, August 7, 2009

Losing Part of My Dragonness

A first time emotion is an overwhelming thing. I can't say I've lost a close friend or relative that was part of my life to the point, that when they passed, it truly caused me to feel a true sense of loss. Today was a different story. For some fucking reason a voice in my head keeps saying: "It just a lizard, get over it." Fuck you. Lupe was more than a lizard. He was a Bearded Dragon for starters. He was a Beardie, he was awesome and he was my friend. One of my best. He rode along with me for 5 years. I dragged him to Seattle with me, scrambled all over town to find him and his brother a food they would eat. I loved him. He supported me, and always looked at me with that "Dude, what are you doing now?" look. He was a true friend and will be truly and sorely missed. I hope it was was just his time and not something I could have prevented. I will always love you Lupe. Thanks for journeying with me for so long....

Dragon on the Ledge

No comments: